Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to easily email spreadsheet?

System: +Mac OS X 10.5, iWork'08+

*Want to*: +I have an opened spreadsheet in Numbers and would like to send it to my friend that is working on Windows OS.+

Solution: +One way to do that is to export file into PDF (preferable format) and then using Mail program attach file to a newly created message. Downside of this solution is that _it contains so many steps to be completed before final result is achieved_.+

Question: +is there any way to do the same directly from Numbers with some command that would export automatically file into PDF, attach it to message and open that new message window?+

Example: +For example in Safari I can send entire page or link to it with email easily by pressing CMD-I or SHIFT-CMD-I. That functionality is extremely handy. In iPhotos I can send photos in the same manner with email to my friend.+

How about Numbers? Can not find anything like that maybe there is some trick or plugin is needed? Help.

mbp, Mac OS X (10.5), iWork'08

Posted on Feb 4, 2008 9:55 AM

5 replies

Feb 4, 2008 10:35 AM in response to samvel

samvel wrote:
System: +Mac OS X 10.5, iWork'08+

*Want to*: +I have an opened spreadsheet in Numbers and would like to send it to my friend that is working on Windows OS.+

Solution: +One way to do that is to export file into PDF (preferable format) and then using Mail program attach file to a newly created message. Downside of this solution is that _it contains so many steps to be completed before final result is achieved_.+

You may also use Print > in a PDF file

Question: +is there any way to do the same directly from Numbers with some command that would export automatically file into PDF, attach it to message and open that new message window?+

At this time there is no other way.
If you wish an other one:
*go to "Provide Numbers Feedback" in the "Numbers" menu*, describe what you wish.
Then, cross your fingers, and wait at least for iWork'09 😉

Yvan KOENIG (from FRANCE lundi 4 février 2008 19:34:32)

Feb 6, 2008 10:26 AM in response to samvel

Thanks for responses but originally I was interested in one key press/menu select action including all steps described.

You propose me exactly the same operation via several steps (export into PDF, print into PDF - does not really matter, effect is exactly the same except headers and table surrounding data ... and then email obtained file.).

Yesterday have installed QuickSilver and just realized it's potential. Extremely handy program. Maybe it will allow me someday to do this trick once I get deep into details of QuickSilver. Currently trying to get used to is 🙂.

Is there any way to easily email spreadsheet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.