Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1.5.6 quit unexpectedly

I just downloaded the 1.5.6 trial from the apple website. The installation went fine, but when I try to start the application I get the "quit unexpectedly" error message. The details are as follow:

Process: Aperture [332]
Path: /Applications/Aperture.app/Contents/MacOS/Aperture
Identifier: com.apple.Aperture
Version: ??? (???)
Build Info: Aperture-710231815~3
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [95]

Date/Time: 2008-02-05 10:15:49.240 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.1 (9B18)
Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ProKit.framework/Versions/A/ProKit
Referenced from: /Applications/Aperture.app/Contents/MacOS/Aperture
Reason: image not found

Any ideas?
Thanks

MacBook 2GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Feb 5, 2008 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2008 9:33 AM

c_kyr wrote:
I just downloaded the 1.5.6 trial from the apple website. The installation went fine, but when I try to start the application I get the "quit unexpectedly" error message. The details are as follow:
\[...\]
Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ProKit.framework/Versions/A/ProKit

Seems to suggest that the installer didn't correctly install the ProKit framework - or, it thought it should already installed (you're running 10.5.1 - so it should be there already) but it wasn't.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2008 9:33 AM in response to c_kyr

c_kyr wrote:
\[...\]
Dyld Error Message:

Seems to suggest that the installer didn't correctly install the ProKit framework - or, it thought it should already installed (you're running 10.5.1 - so it should be there already) but it wasn't.

1.5.6 quit unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.