Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Piece of plastic on palm rest

A piece of plastic or sliver of it has come on the palm rest. Will they fix this. I carry this thing in a case all the time. The screen also doesn't line up with the bottom of the case when it's closed. The reason I ;m asking first is because I don't want to drive all the way to one Apple store and get frustrated of they won't fix it. If the chances are they won't then I will go on a day I am in an extremely good mood so I can fight with out getting too crabby. Thanks/

Macbook 13.3 White. 2.16 Ghz and 2 gigs ram, Mac OS X (10.5), Sony vaio 10.5, HP NC6320, PC bada** desktop for home

Posted on Feb 9, 2008 7:30 PM

2 replies

Apr 5, 2018 6:08 PM in response to thormcse

From what I've read in other posts it is a known issue and Apple should fix it for free... do a discussion search for Cracked Palm rest or Broken palm rest... should come up with other people who had the same problem as you...

I'm just hoping mine doesnt get this problem!!! good luck!

Piece of plastic on palm rest

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.