Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OMF question

I output an OMF of my DVCPRO HD project from FCP 5.1.4 without any issues. The sound mixer received the file, but insists he cannot work with it (in Logic/FCP 5) because it came from an Avid system.

I've never used any Avid products on this project (or elsewhere). Any ideas where the problem is? (Except for questioning the sanity of the mixer--I've already done that.)

Thanks,
David

Mac Book Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11), FCP 5.1.4

Posted on Feb 11, 2008 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2008 7:14 AM

FCP does not import OMF files, so he cannot import the OMF file on his end. And I am not sure that Logic supports OMF import either. I'd pose this question on the Logic forum.

I have no issues with OMF export for ProTools.

Shane

User uploaded file
6 replies

Feb 11, 2008 6:01 PM in response to loyed256

Thanks to the both of you for the informative replies. It's good to know I wasn't hallucinating when I was doing my edit on FCP. (The sound mixer had actually sent an e-mail to the director and myself saying "you edited this film on Avid, can you please convert it to Final Cut." Bizarre!)

Regards,
David

Feb 11, 2008 8:50 PM in response to Shane Ross

Understood. But where FCP's native media format is Quicktime, Avid's is OMFI. When I ran into this same issue, it was because the audio engineer assumed I had sent him Avid-digitized media files instead of an audio output.

Of course, this same audio engineer tried to open my Final Cut 5 project on Final Cut 4.5 and told the producer that the file I'd given him didn't work. After I'd told him it was a Final Cut 5 project. Go figure.

OMF question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.