Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to upgrade to Studio 2! Help!

Hello... I am just trying to upgrade my FCP Studio to Studio 2. It keeps asking for original software serial number. I cannot find it anywhere, a FORMER employee had reign over all our software. Tried to find original discs and/or install book for #. How can I recover the original serial number??? I tried the serials from the individual apps (i.e FCP, DVD SP, etc.) those do not work. HELP!
Kevin

g5, Mac OS X (10.5), FCP Studio, iDvd, iphoto, etc

Posted on Feb 11, 2008 12:30 PM

7 replies

Feb 11, 2008 3:58 PM in response to video guy 77

Look for the booklet titled "Installing Your Software" from the old package. That's where the serial numbers were originally located. If you can't find them, you may have to resort to contacting your ex-employee ... or if the software was registered properly, you cloud call Apple and see if they can provide help with the old serial numbers.

-DH

Feb 11, 2008 4:24 PM in response to David Harbsmeier

My problem is we cannot find the booklet mentioned that would have the SN in it. The fellow employee was fired and extremely bitter so I cannot expect much help from him. It was the first version of Final Cut Studio... and I purchased Final Cut Studio 2 (upgrade). He should have registered when first purchased, but no way of knowing since it is impossible to get through to Apple Support to check. I was hoping there might be a file hidden somewhere within the program I could access to gain the SN.
This is a pain!
Thanks for all your advice so far!

Trying to upgrade to Studio 2! Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.