Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.5.2 was just posted via Software Update; anyone tried it yet?

MacPro 2.66GHz/12 GB RAM/4 WD RE2 500 GB/X1900XT/2 SuperDrives, Mac OS X (10.5.1), Sonnet Tempo E4P/2 Sonnet Fusion 500P/10 WD RE2 500GB/Matrox MXO/30" + 23" ACDs

Posted on Feb 11, 2008 1:41 PM

11 replies

Feb 11, 2008 4:06 PM in response to David S.

Well, I haven't installed it yet (except for a laptop with nothing critical on it--it seems to be running fine there) on either of my work machines, but in other forums, Photoshop CS3 users report tool problems with 10.5 and 10.5.1 seem to have been corrected in 10.5.2.

I have a MacPro running FCS 2, and a G5 running FCS 1, and both of them have CS3, so tomorrow I'll have to clone and try the update; I need the Photoshop problems fixed. I'll post what happens.

One other note; permissions repair after installing the update (on the laptop, a PowerBook G4 about 4 years old) took a really long time--about 15 minutes.

Feb 11, 2008 11:13 PM in response to Red Jacket Mike

final cut pro asks me for my serial number since doing software update. i enter the upgrade number, then it asks for the original serial number, after i type in the original number and hit OK, it crashes.

i repaired permissions and deleted the system id like i saw in some other threads. still crashes. so i decided to remove it and reinstall it from the cd.

i downloaded "final cut remover" and removed it from my computer. i put the final cut pro install cd into my computer. when i try to install final cut pro, the installer asks for my serial #, when i type it in, the INSTALLER crashes.

i have no more final cut pro, and not even quicktime pro anymore. even the installer is crashing!

please help!

Feb 12, 2008 10:55 AM in response to Jon Chappell

I'm not using Motion, but FCP and Compressor seem a bit quicker; here's what I've done:

My G5 dual 2.5GHz has FCS 1 (FCP 5.1.4) and was running QT 7.4 (not 7.4.1) and Leopard 10.5.1 successfully. Today I cloned this setup, and dismounted and unplugged the drive.

I repaired permissions and downloaded the 10.5.2 updater from Apple. (didn't use software update).
After it was finished, I checked software update, where I got QT 7.4.1, the ProKit update, the Leopard Graphics update and the iLIfe support update. I installed all of these via software update.

Upon restart, everything seemed fine; I captured, edited, rendered, exported with Compressor, etc.
Print to Video worked OK, too. Compressor handled my 5 min. video clip in 7 min.; it did the identical clip before with the exact same settings in around 10 min.
QT and DVDSP all seemed good, as well. Most appreciated is that the Photoshop CS3 tools are all working as they should, now.

So far so good; next I'm going to do the same routine on my Mac Pro, which is running FCS 2.
I should mention that originally, both of the machines had clean erase and installs of Leopard, not upgrade installs. That might be making the difference now.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.