Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Adobe Encore to author HD content on Blu-Ray disc

Does anyone have any experience authoring HD content on a Blu-Ray HD disc using Adobe Encore?

I currently have a 1080p (1920x1080) project that I want to author to Blu-Ray disc format. I've recently purchased a Panasonic SW-5582 Blu-Ray burner that came with Toast 8 Titanium, however it wasn't explained to me that Toast is only capable of authoring SD DVD and burning data BD.

I've seen some discussions regarding Adobe Encore, and it having the capability of authoring to BD. But before I start purchasing more software I wanted to know if anyone has actually used it or not and how well does it work from FCP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kevin

MacPro 2x3GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 8 GB DIMM

Posted on Feb 12, 2008 12:05 PM

5 replies

Feb 12, 2008 1:44 PM in response to kskelton

yes it'll handle full 1920x1080 HD. but you'll need after effects and photoshop to make buttons. encore authors blu-ray disks that'll play providing the player has the right firmware installed or you download and install the right firmware, different procedures depending on manufacturer. It can be a learning curve, it will be a learning curve, and forget all you know about DVD studio Pro particularly it's ease of use

Using Adobe Encore to author HD content on Blu-Ray disc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.