Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Credit Union Sign In Challenge Questions

This is a long shot, but maybe someone can help. I do my financial transactions at the internet site of a local credit union. They recently instituted something called verified access, which recognizes my computer as being mine. If their system doesn't recognize my computer, it will ask some challenge questions, like "name of your first pet". This is a good system and it worked fine until a few months ago. Now, if I'm using either of my computers from home, I will always get asked the challenge questions, even though I verified my computers a long time ago. If I'm using the same computers from another location, the system recognizes my computers and I'm not asked the challenge questions.

I'm not sure, but I think this started happening with the Safari 3 update and whatever system update happened at the same time -- 10.4.10 I think. Of course the credit union is no help, they don't even know what safari is.

Any ideas?

PowerBook G4 17 1.67GHz 1.5Gb & Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Feb 12, 2008 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2008 8:15 PM

Hi Randy

That bank information is more than likely retained in the Cookies file. Go to Safari Preferences>Security>Show Cookies. When the panel opens, enter the name of the Credit Union in the search field. Highlight, then remove those cookies.

Try the site again. Yes, it will ask you for the "verify information". After going through that process, quit/restart Safari. Try the site again.

Post back
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2008 8:15 PM in response to Randy Farnsworth

Hi Randy

That bank information is more than likely retained in the Cookies file. Go to Safari Preferences>Security>Show Cookies. When the panel opens, enter the name of the Credit Union in the search field. Highlight, then remove those cookies.

Try the site again. Yes, it will ask you for the "verify information". After going through that process, quit/restart Safari. Try the site again.

Post back

Feb 15, 2008 10:43 AM in response to Randy Farnsworth

Well, I deleted the cache folder, tossed the cookies, did a search for all safari-related preferences and tossed them, removed the third party Safari Enhancer program, then did a complete Safari reset from the Safari menu and . . . it didn't make a difference.

I think it might be related to my use of Airport through a Comcast cable modem -- there must be some firewall in place that prevents computers on my home network from sending or receiving the appropriate information that allows the credit union's verified access to recognize the computers.

Strange thing is -- it worked before I updated Safari and the OS a couple months ago.

Credit Union Sign In Challenge Questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.