Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Disc not working

I followed the instructions but it takes forever to even get a disk image to come up on the MBA.

I have the iWork install CD on my MacBook and the MBA is seeing via remote disk. It takes about 5 minutes for it to see the disk, then another couple of minutes to get the disk image to come up. But when I click on it nothing happens the little wheel in the lower right corner just spins and spins.

I've tried this on my home wireless network and at work.

What gives? This is kind of a joke. I've screwed around with this almost enough to make buying the drive worth the waste of my time. But I want to use the concept I was sold.

Quint

MBA

Posted on Feb 12, 2008 9:17 PM

11 replies

Feb 16, 2008 4:36 PM in response to Quint Randle

I copied iWork from one computer to the other via filesharing and simply entered my registration when requested. I have not managed remote disc either and though I purchased the MBA superdrive, I have not opened the box. I rely upon usb drives and file sharing via wifi to do my transferring and copying -- along with having mailed myself a few files. 😉

Remote Disc not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.