Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

25 Dollar ITunes Gift Card only shows 15 Dollars

I purchased a 25 Dollar ITunes gift card from apple.com for my daughter, and when she entered the code to redeem it only shows 15 dollars.
What should I do next to get the 10 dollars Apple owes me???

Windows XP Pro

Posted on Feb 13, 2008 3:29 PM

2 replies

Feb 14, 2008 7:36 AM in response to Kelly Sprankle

First, make sure you/she is logged into the iTunes Store using the account ID and password that was set up, or used, when the card was redeemed. If you are, try logging out of the account and back in.

If you're sure you are viewing the correct account and logging out and back in doesn't help, go to the Purchase History and review her purchases to make sure that she should indeed have a $25 balance left. iTunes doesn't always refresh the balance it shows, so it's possible she spent the money and it just wasn't being reflected in the display. This display error can usually be corrected by logging out of the iTunes Store and then back in.

If you confirm that she should have additional balance but the iTunes Store isn't showing it correctly, send a message to the iTunes Store customer service department through the form at the bottom of their Gift Card FAQ web page and explain the problem to them.

Good luck.

25 Dollar ITunes Gift Card only shows 15 Dollars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.