Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hfs_relocate

Hi.
For the last week or so i get repeating messages into system log (every 30 seconds):

"kernel[0]: hfs_relocate: didn't move into metadata zone"

anybody know a clue?

Posted on Sep 6, 2005 10:37 PM

6 replies

Sep 12, 2005 7:54 AM in response to Hans Leichtlein

Hans,

I'll point you to the man page for fsck_hfs . Note under BUGS: "fsck_hfs is not able to fix some inconsistencies that it detects." fsck_hfs is the program Disk Utility and fsck uses to perform a file consistency check on a HFS+ volume. I believe fsck_hfs is designed to fix only certain problems within the file system. This makes to program safe to use. It will not further damage the file system as other third party utilities can.

hfs_relocate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.