Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Sync Music/TV off AppleTV

579 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2008 3:49 AM by Fletsch RSS
Darren 2007 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 14, 2008 8:13 AM
So we can now purchase TV Shows and Music from the AppleTV device. Does it die there or can we sync it off to our ipods and laptops?

Steps:
- sit on sofa and access appletv
- spend money in iTunes store
- purchase a song and a tv show
- grab ipod and do what to get that song/show transferred????
 MacBookPro  G4 Tower  iPod Nano  AppleTV, Mac OS X (10.5.2)
  • Fletsch Level 1 Level 1 (100 points)
    Feb 14, 2008 8:17 AM (in response to Darren 2007)
    All purchased content (music, TV shows), get automatically synced to your Mac from where you can then sync them to your iPod.

You can also sync from your ATV manually by going to iTunes -> Files -> sync from my ATV, and then sync to your iPod.
    MacMini core duo, Mac OS X (10.4.8)
    Feb 14, 2008 11:26 AM (in response to Darren 2007)
    It is DEFINITELY bilateral. Indeed, there are a lot of people on this Forum that are annoyed that ATV syncs back and fills up their hard drive. Check your setting in iTunes, the syncing is managed out of iTunes, not ATV.
  • DanH Level 5 Level 5 (4,370 points)
    Feb 14, 2008 2:10 PM (in response to Darren 2007)
    No, it works in manual mode, but obviously then will only sync what you tell it to.

Unfortunately, if you tell it to stop syncing something it used to sync, it erases it from the ATV. The interface still needs some work IMHO.

-dan
    BlacBook, iMac 15, G3+G5 iPods, iPhone, TV, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Boot Camp, XP
  • JSid Calculating status...
    Feb 14, 2008 3:03 PM (in response to Fletsch)
    It is bilateral, but if the content is HD, it won't work. Only SD is moveable.
    Various PC's, Windows XP Pro
    Feb 16, 2008 3:49 AM (in response to Darren 2007)
    For music, make sure the box "sync" is ticked in iTunes, then regularly got to iTunes (not ATV) menu and File -> sync from my ATV.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.