Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal/Address book syncing with Entourage

HI,

Since I installed Office 2008 (on my MBP) the syncing between it and iCal/Address has been a pain.
First of all the content of iCal and Address book seem to "disappear" every few minutes, leaving both apps completely empty, both come up filled with the appropriate content after some time. Entourage stays filled.
The "disappearing" seems to occur instantly when changes in either iCal or Address book are trying to be synced with Entourage.

As a "byresult" of this my MacBookPro's fans starting to get blazing when this happens, and the activity monitor tells me the following processes are the culprit by taking up as much as >90% of the CPU load: Sync Server and/or Microsoft Sync Services.

Needless to say this is very annoying and any pointers to a more stable sync situation would be very much appreciated

PB, iMac, G5, MacBookPro, Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.2), 2*23" Cinema's

Posted on Feb 16, 2008 7:15 AM

3 replies

Mar 14, 2008 2:53 AM in response to Pim Versteeg

I'm afraid I can't help you with this, but just writing to say that I have a similar problem.

I think it started when I installed Office 2008...

Basically, now SyncServices uses a huge amount of CPU power, causing the fan to start every time it's syncing.

The only difference I can tell is that I'm not using Entourage (in fact, I didn't even install it), and it still has the same problem. It must be something that Office installs...

iCal/Address book syncing with Entourage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.