Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which drive size to get?

I'm looking to get an ATV but I'm a little confused as to what content actually gets stored on the ATV. I understand that if I rent a movie, it will get downloaded to the ATV but will get erased once I watch it. What about my iTunes library? Does that stream from my iMac or does that get stored on the ATV? Same question for my iPhoto pictures. Why would I need the larger hard drive in the ATV? What I think my problem is that I don't fully understand how the ATV works! I'm thinking that the only thing stored on the ATV are rental movies...everything else is just sent over the wireless network from my iMac. Anyone clear this up for me and set me straight?! Thanks!

Bob

iMac 7,1, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Feb 16, 2008 8:38 AM

1 reply

Feb 16, 2008 8:47 AM in response to rfa5

You seem to more or less understand how the tv works, although perhaps unaware that some may have laptops for example that they want to remove from the loop sometimes and leave some stuff on the tv itself for maybe the rest of the family to watch.

If you don't really need to sync any of your library from your computer to the tv, you will generally only keep rentals and photos on there and probably only need a 40 GB model.

All my tv's are 40's and my library is 1TB +

Which drive size to get?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.