6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2008 12:28 PM by JDB38
JDB38 Level 2 (195 points)
Apple is advertising that you can rent movies right from the ATV on your TV set. I up graded tp Version 2 and when I go to movies I do not see interface to rent the movie. All I see are movie trailers and My Movies ( which are ones I bought and downloaded thru iTunes). What am I missing here? How do you guys rent movies?
Thanks,
JDB

G4 MDD Dual 867 MHz G4, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Lacie 500 GB HD, Lacie DVD Burner,Apple TV, Airport Extreme Base Station
  • Chenks Level 5 (7,420 points)
    you must be in country that doesn't have rentals yet then.
    only US has rentals at the moment.
  • JDB38 Level 2 (195 points)
    I live in Connecticut
    you have a problem with your itunes account then.
    the rentals are tied to your itunes account, sounds like your itunes account is not registered to your state/country properly.

get that fixed and appletv will show the rental options
    Thanks for your info. You were correct about the country of origin. I checked my settings and I was listed as UK so I changed my location to US and immediately saw movies available for rental. How ever, when I went to rent one the message " A VALID ADDRESS IS NECESSARY TO PURCHASE USING STORE CREDIT" I have purchased from iTunes before so do you have any suggestion as to why I can't rent a movie.
    go and recheck your address details.. specifically the state field.
    even if it is correct.. reselect your state from the list and save.. then try it again.
    That seems to have done it. I am currently downloading a movie. Thanks a lot for your help.