Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pause in appescript or automator

I am trying to set up either an apple script or automator work flow to launch two programs that must be running at the same time. One program must be up and running before the other one is launched for everything to work properly. I tried to set up an apple script to do this but it doesn't quite work right. The script launches both programs one right after the other without waiting for the first one to finish starting up. Is there any way to put a pause in the script somewhere so that the first program has time to finish starting before the second one launches? I would appreciate any help that can be provided.

Posted on Sep 14, 2005 4:43 PM

4 replies

Sep 16, 2005 4:07 PM in response to Ric Latham

I was wondering the same thing. However, is there a way to make automator wait for a specific thing? I have an application that needs to access a file on a disk image. I need to pause just long enough to mount the image - which is quite variable from image to image - and extremely fast if the image just happens to be mounted already.
Can this be done?

Also - the pause you mentioned is actually available in automator - just search for "pause"

Thanks,

-Scott

pause in appescript or automator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.