Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 2 issue with preview and adjustments, secondary screen, etc

Hello,

I just recently installed Aperture 2.0, and I'm getting what seems to be a bug with previews and adjustments. When I try to adjust a file, I get a black screen as seen here: http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/6047/aperture2fd5.jpg

If I remove adjustments, it comes back.

Also, randomly a preview will be black, and I won't be able to view it.

More so, one time it looked like this: http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8053/apertureji3.jpg

I had enabled it to view on my second monitor, and it crashed. It also seems like it takes a lot longer for it to do things in Aperture 2.0...It seems like it takes a lot longer than it should for exporting images (I export as full res PNG).

Do you guys have any suggestions? Should I convert all my images to RAW 2.0? Is this a bug and I need to wait to see if there is an update?

My system specs are as follows:
Mac Pro 8-Core 3GHz
16GB RAM
1900XT
2600XT
2 x 24" LCD's (Driven off 1900xt)
42" 1080P LCD (driven off 2600xt)
Motu Ultralite
JBL LSR4328P's
OS X 10.5.2

And my pics come from a Canon 5D and 20D 🙂

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mac Pro 8-Core, Mac OS X (10.5.2), 1900XT, 2600XT, 150GB Raptor, 3 x 500GB, 16GB RAM, MOTU Ultralite, JBL LSR's, Du

Posted on Feb 19, 2008 8:48 AM

3 replies

Mar 15, 2008 6:09 AM in response to mikecentola

I had the same problem and traced it to using multiple graphics cards. It seems to be related to the 8x PCIe port not having enough bandwidth. Whenever I have the secondary viewer on the graphics card running from the 8x slot, I get the black screen when making any adjustments.

If I use System Prefs to set the display on the 16x PCIe slot to be the secondary screen, Aperture uses that for the secondary viewer and all is well.

It means I have to switch my displays over but that's a small price to fix this annoying bug.

Hope that helps!

Aperture 2 issue with preview and adjustments, secondary screen, etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.