Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fox Sports Widget

I upgraded Macromedia Flash Player today. Now, when I go to Dashboard and open FOX Sports Score Strip and try to look at a score or click More Scores, I get the following mesage:

Macromedia Flash Player Security

Macromedia Flash Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation.

The following application on your computer or network:

/users/chris/library/widgets/FOXSports.wdgt/fsdashboard.html is trying to communicate with this internet-enabled location msn.foxsports.com

To let this application communicate with the internet, click Settings.

You must restart this application after changing your settings.

However, when I click on Settings, I get the following message:

The application FOX Sports Dashboard Client quit unexpectedly after it was reopened.

Mac OS X and other applications are not affected.

Click Try Again to temporarily restore the application's default settings and open it again. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple.

It does not allow me to change the settings and this scenario repeats itself over and over again. I have unistalled both FOX Sports Score Strip and Macromedia Flash Player and the same thing happens.

How do I correct this issue?

Posted on Nov 3, 2005 11:43 PM

2 replies

Dec 15, 2005 6:33 AM in response to GWAC

A smart cookie on another forum pointed me to this page:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/index.html

When I first saw that page, I thought the image at top was an actual image/screen shot but it's an interactive control panel to change your settings.

What I did was click the "Edit Locations" and browse to the Fox Sports widget in the /Library/Widgets folder in my home folder. It now works like a charm.

G5 2x2GHZ, PB 1.3 15" Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Fox Sports Widget

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.