Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ILife 08

I have a G5 Mac, OSX 10.4.9. All software been updated. I just purchased ILife 08. I insert the software DVD, double click on the ILife 08 icon, the disc spins for about 1 minute, then stops, and there is nothing else that happens.

Can you help me understand why might wrong here?

G5, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Feb 24, 2008 4:37 PM

14 replies

Feb 25, 2008 1:54 PM in response to MayFer

Seems you meet the requirements...just barely for OS. You have a fear of 10.4.11? 😉

----------------------------------

*iLife '08 System Requirements*

* Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 processor.
* iMovie requires a Mac with an Intel processor, a Power Mac G5 (dual 2.0GHz or faster), or an iMac G5 (1.9GHz or faster).
* iDVD requires a 733MHz or faster processor.
* 512MB of RAM; 1GB recommended. High-definition video requires at least 1GB of RAM.
* Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later.
* 3GB of available disk space.
* DVD drive required for installation.
* QuickTime 7.2 or later.
* Other configurations may be supported. AVCHD video and 24-bit recording have additional requirements. Visit iMovie ’08 Camcorder Support for more information on AVCHD.
* 24-bit recording in GarageBand ’08 requires a Mac OS X compatible audio interface with support for 24-bit audio. Please consult the owners manual or manufacturer directly for audio device specification and compatibility.
* Burning DVDs requires an Apple SuperDrive or compatible third-party DVD burner.
* iPhoto print services are available in the U.S., Canada, Japan, and select European countries. Internet access required; fees and terms apply.
* iWeb requires Internet and web server access (.Mac recommended).
* Some features in iLife require .Mac. The .Mac service is available to persons age 13 and older. Annual membership fee and Internet access required. Terms and conditions apply.

-----------------------

How much free space on your start-up drive?

Feb 26, 2008 10:12 PM in response to Len Goff

I don't know if this helps, but this is the Installer Log report:

Feb 26 22:09:54 phil-hogans-power-mac-g5 : @(#)PROGRAM:Install PROJECT:Install-146 DEVELOPER:root BUILT:Jul 27 2007 16:54:56\n

Feb 26 22:09:54 phil-hogans-power-mac-g5 : @(#)PROGRAM:Installer PROJECT:Installer-104 DEVELOPER:root BUILT:Aug 22 2007 10:47:27\n

Feb 26 22:09:54 phil-hogans-power-mac-g5 : Hardware: PowerMac7,3 @ 1800 MHz (x2), 768 MB

Feb 26 22:09:54 phil-hogans-power-mac-g5 : Running OS Build: 8S165

Feb 26 22:09:54 phil-hogans-power-mac-g5 : iLife ’08 Installation Log

Feb 26 22:09:54 phil-hogans-power-mac-g5 : Opened from: /Volumes/iLife '08 Install DVD/iLife '08.mpkg

Feb 26 22:10:12 phil-hogans-power-mac-g5 : iLife ’08 Installation Log

Feb 26 22:10:12 phil-hogans-power-mac-g5 : Opened from: /Volumes/iLife '08 Install DVD/iLife '08.mpkg

Mar 1, 2008 10:22 AM in response to Len Goff

Len:

That's nice to know. Do the new Epsons report ink level any better than the old ones? Do you remember the law suit regarding that. I get a "no ink" warning and can't print any more with a cartridge even when I can shake the cartridge and hear the ink sloshing in it. A real bummer and costly. The only good that came out of that is I got a settlement coupon for $40 to use at their site and discovered the best print paper I've ever used. It's their Ultra Premium Presentation Paper-Matte. The results as, IMO, so much better than glossy.

OT

Mar 1, 2008 10:47 AM in response to Old Toad

I always use their Printer Utility to check ink levels. Works fine.

I haven't noticed that empties "slosh," but then, I"m not that focused, I guess... I do recall the class action suit about their ink.

Here's the thing I wonder about with this new printer. You can buy "high capacity" cartridges that fit in the same space as the "normal capacity" cartridges. How do you think Epson does that? 😉

Thanks for the heads-up on the paper. I don't do much picture printing, so my requirements may be lower than yours. I mainly print DVD case inserts and DVDs. I use Costco's Kirkland brand, "Professional Glossy." 150 sheets for $18.

Mar 1, 2008 11:15 AM in response to Len Goff

The Epson Printer Utility indicates low or no ink and I know there's still ink in there by the "sloshing". When it indicates no ink it won't let me print. That makes it somewhat costly, ink wise. Thus the lawsuit. But I only use the Epson for disks and special photos for framing. I'll definitely look into the R280. A local electronic superstore, Fry's, sells it at $99 which is not much more than ink refills for the R200.

Regarding the ink, maybe it's manufactured using nano technology.

ILife 08

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.