Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XVID DIVX

1) When I try and burn a file in Toast (which is XVID or DIVX) I get no auido i tried downloading the codecs from http://www.xvidmovies.com/mac/ but i get the same results.

2) I can play the file in other programs but in Quicktime i get the problem where some files have no video and others have video but no audio - Is Toast using Quicktimes codecs or something? IM not 100% familiar on how this works.

Can someone shed some light here ?

Imac, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Feb 25, 2008 9:12 AM

8 replies

Mar 31, 2008 7:48 AM in response to Klaus1

Hello its me again-

sorry took so long to get back here- I tried that -

I got a .divx file - my dvd player will not play .divx file

I guess what Im looking to do is burn it as a Video TS style ...

Also as a side note Quicktime still did not play this file it played with audio but no video. Thank you again for any assistance you might be able to offer.

Mar 31, 2008 8:26 AM in response to dugan26

I am a bit confused by what format you are trying to use for your DVDs and where you want to play them. Are you trying to play these in a tv-set dvd player or on your computer?

Video formats used muxed files, where the audio and video are mixed together. Assuming you have both tracks in the files it won't be a matter of needing special burning settings to burn the movies to DVD.

If you are not getting audio or video it can mean that either the audio is missing or the video is missing, or that your player is not able to correctly interpret the audio track or video track (or both). If you can open the file in Quicktime and get the movies properties, one of those sub menus will tell you which tracks are present and in what formats.

If you are trying to play these on a computer I would recommend trying the free VLC application.

If you are going to put these in standard DVD format with Video_TS you will need to recode everything into MP2 format. You can try the shareware FFmpegX, or you can pay for Quicktime Pro, in which case you will also need to buy Apple's MPEG2 codec.

XVID DIVX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.