Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rendering problem solution

I played around with various combinations hoping that the various e-mails sent to Apple would shed some light on this stupid rendering problem.

I've not tried to actually burn a copy directly but then again I wouldn't use iDVD for that anyway, there are much better third party solutions for burning a DVD. Thus my attempt centered on just getting a VIDEO_TS folder created that could be watched by any DVD player on a MAC.

The solution as was hinted in some previous posts is that with iDVD v 7.0.1 you should ignore the version 7 themes. I've done most of the version 6.0 themes and they seem to work but haven't gone further back to version 5.0. What is clear is that NONE of the version 7.0 themes will render. A shame as I liked one in particular for a project I'm building, however I can't delay any further so I settled on a version 6 theme.

I hope this helps others who've faced this issue.

siberian

Mac Mini Intel Duo Core & MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.2), 2 Gigs of mem

Posted on Feb 25, 2008 9:18 PM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2008 3:19 AM in response to Siberian

I am not sure what your question is, but iDVD projects can have 3 different outputs:
1) Burn a DVD directly
2) Save as a Disk Image
3) Save as a VIDEO_TS folder

Number 3 gives you what I think you are looking for. On a Mac you just drag that VIDEO_TS folder onto your DVD player application and your DVD starts.

Rendering problem solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.