Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator - Disconnect from server

Hi,

I'm working on a small automator workflow that helps me synchronizing iTunes music across 3 computers. Basically it connects to a server, uses the sync folders action to synchronize the contents and then I want to disconnect from the server.

That's the point where I'm stuck ... searched the web but couldn't find a real answer how to disconnect from a server using Automator.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Feb 26, 2008 12:20 PM

2 replies

Jan 3, 2016 9:28 PM in response to BugSlayer80

I know this is years later, but for folks like myself who were searching for a solution and this popped up, here is a solution!

1) Add a "Run Applescript" action

2) Make your Applescript say the following:

on run {input, parameters}

tell application "Finder"

if exists "ShareName" then

eject "ShareName"

end if

end tell

return input

end run

Note: Only adjust what's in red to be the name that is displayed for your share in Finder, not the full server path. The quotes are supposed to be there. Colors and italics dont matter.

3) You're done! This action alone will disconnect your shared drive (mine is an SMB server and I am running Yosemite).

Automator - Disconnect from server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.