Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes does a "Determining Song Volume" on all podcasts when I attach iPod

I have a 60GB iPod video but use two computers for content. I have a large 120GB music library on a Windows XP desktop and I use that to manually put music on. I use my notebook (Vista Ultimate) for podcasts so I can download content wherever I am each day. So, I sync podcasts from the notebook to the iPod.

Every time I hook the iPod to the desktop system, iTunes scans all of the podcasts on the iPod and shows "Determining Song Volume" for each one. What do I have to do to deactivate this? I have deselected options to sync Podcasts already. And, it ignores music and just does this on podcasts.

TIA>

Dell Inspiron, iTunes, Windows networks

Posted on Feb 27, 2008 6:15 AM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2008 8:16 AM in response to ChazinCT

You have a 3rd party program on the computer that gives you this message. I have a program on my work computer that increased the song volume automatically for everything that is on the iPod. I downloaded this a while ago so I could have more play in my volume control for the lousy earphones I was using. Now I don't need it but I can't remember the name of the program or even find it on my computer. But I get that same message when I hook my iPod up to my work computer. It wants to go through every song on my iPod and "determine song volume".

At least that's my theory for your problem.

iTunes does a "Determining Song Volume" on all podcasts when I attach iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.