Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe ImageReady Error #1407 Solution

For those who are experiening the "Could not fully start the application because an operating system error has occurred (error #=1407)" error when trying to launch Adobe ImageReady, do this:

Delete the 'Adobe ImageReady CS Prefs' in User>Library>Preferences>Adobe ImageReady CS2 Settings>

That should do the trick. Worked like a charm for me. Now if Apple and Adobe could work out his whole InDesign crash problem....

PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Feb 27, 2008 8:29 AM

6 replies

Aug 3, 2008 12:41 PM in response to Dave Alexander

since i used the update install of my imac intel, my imageready is no longer responding 1407 error is going on and my ImageReady application is no longer working.... i don't know how to do script, i tried to find CS2 settings your way and my way, by just deleting all imageready preferences that i could find on my own...still get 1407 error message.
I'm hoping you or someone here might be able to help me find the issue & explain how to repair in layman's terms 🙂
much thanx.. aloha

Message was edited by: daydreamerslife

Sep 2, 2008 12:40 PM in response to Dave Alexander

ImageReady CS was working perfectly well for me, but just today I got the 1407 message. Tried trashing the preferences and the com.adobe.ImageReady.plist, repairing permissions and reinstalling the software. Nothing has worked.

Adobe suggested that I uninstall my CS suite and reinstall it.

Help! I'm dead in the water without ImageReady! Any suggestions?

Adobe ImageReady Error #1407 Solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.