Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Arrange Photos within an event

How do I rearrange photos within an event?
I can move photos between events and arrange photos in slideshows
but not within an event - they stay in the order they were imported.
Can anyone help please?
macsync

imac & PowerBook G4, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2008 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2008 9:12 AM

Mac Sync

Welcome to the Apple user discussion forums

You can not - events are time based and you can not move tehphotos - you could change the times of the photos to match the order you want but I suggest that you leave the events the way they are and use albums for the specific order organization you want

but not within an event

That is correct

- they stay in the order they were imported.

They stay in the time date order of the EXIF data from your camera (if there was no EXIF data then the import date and time is used)

In Photo view of the library (as opposed to event view - select in the source pane to the left) you can turn off displaying event titles and then manually sort your photos - but this does not change their order in the events and if you have many photos will make response time very slow - normally it is not the way to go

LN
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2008 9:12 AM in response to macsync

Mac Sync

Welcome to the Apple user discussion forums

You can not - events are time based and you can not move tehphotos - you could change the times of the photos to match the order you want but I suggest that you leave the events the way they are and use albums for the specific order organization you want

but not within an event

That is correct

- they stay in the order they were imported.

They stay in the time date order of the EXIF data from your camera (if there was no EXIF data then the import date and time is used)

In Photo view of the library (as opposed to event view - select in the source pane to the left) you can turn off displaying event titles and then manually sort your photos - but this does not change their order in the events and if you have many photos will make response time very slow - normally it is not the way to go

LN

Arrange Photos within an event

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.