Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iChat problem

I have a mac pro and a macbookair and no problem with video ichat. I'm in the record industry managing various Artists and all works fine - ichat with record company, artists, agents etc except one of my artists has a new macbook and can't ichat - always says communication error after about 15 secs. He can text chat fine and I can see a green light on my machines to say he is online but both voice and video ichats don't work. His broadband connection seems strong using a BT Homehub router. Any ideas - really urgently need to get him working - Thankss

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.2), MacBook Air, Macbook pro

Posted on Feb 28, 2008 4:38 AM

7 replies

Feb 28, 2008 4:21 PM in response to Defcom-UK

Thanks. We tried everything you suggested exactly as you listed, but still my friend's Macbook is timing out after about 15secs saying communication error. If i try to contact him, as oppose to him contacting me, we still have the same issue but as I said previously, I have about 10 other people I can video ichat with, without any problem, so I know its not my machines. I can text ichat him and I can see a green light in my address book and AIM buddy list to tell me his is available ?

Any more advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Neil

iChat problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.