Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Norwegian Keyboard does not map correctly

Hei -

I have boot camp and Vista installed on our new iMac 24 inch. We are in Norway, and so have a norwegian keyboard.

I've installed the boot camp drivers, and had lots of problems.

Got the apple keyboard to map "somewhat" after updating (not the keyboard) but some "HID" (or close spelling) USB device Driver. Go figure, but at least I suddenly got norwegian characters on the right keys.

Current problem: Keyboard often(!) shows "German (apple)" despite selecting "Norwegian (apple) and removing all other options.

Number keypad does not work, but I may have seen a hint on "activating" them (Why would I want them de-activated?)

The worst is I am a programmer, and even though I get the norwegian characters as they should be, cannot get the "{" or "}" (braces), no matter what. I can get brackets "[]" usint the alt-7 alt-9 (strange, but OK). But alt-shift-7 or 8 or 9 do not produce braces.

I am unable to produce a backslash "\", either. No matter what combinations.

Extremely frustrating, please help.

iMac, Windows Vista, boot camp, Norwegian keyboard

Posted on Feb 28, 2008 4:42 AM

9 replies

Mar 9, 2008 1:14 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

Thanks for the tip, I downloaded the program, it works fine, but does not seem to help. I think it is just for mapping "PC" keyboards, not apple. I can specify norwegian(apple), and get something of a layout, but still no backslash to be found anywhere (and none of the "layouts" match the appearance of the apple keyboard).

It is quite convenient for visualization, though.

I need the equivalent program for the physical apple keyboard, i think.....

thanks for the effort.

Mar 9, 2008 1:35 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

OK! At least I have found something that looks right on Keyboard Layout Creator!

I switched from "Norwegian(apple)" to "Mac Norwegian (Bokmål)", and the layout looks perfect! Pipes, backslash, the whole shabinglebangle.

Hope a reboot fixed shis...... (still no backslash with "ctrl-shft 7" )...

The suspense is killing me.......

Mar 9, 2008 1:59 AM in response to chillier

So close! The "Keyboard Layout Creator" looks right, and by running "build dll and setup page", I can generate a "custom" keyboard layout. Running the dll adds an entry in my "control panel, regional settings, keyboard" (Mac Norweigan bokmål custom). Choosing this implements the keyboard as in Keybaord Layout Creator.....

!

Good! But they keyboard does not work in firefox (now), and some characters (the backslash) work in TextPad, but there is no left/right brace!

help.....

Mar 10, 2008 11:48 PM in response to Jan Hedlund

Well, Keyboard Creator was the answer - but I had to specify NO (Norwegian) as language (Normally I use English with Norwegian keyboard). In addition, none of the norwegian(apple) keyboards worked, but the Mac Norwegian (Bokmal).... misspelled with "mal" instead of "mål" as in norwegian.... worked.

Don´t ask me why. And German(apple) kept showing up when I changed keyboards, although I never specified German at all......

Maybe I have keyboard hardware problem, that makes vista recognize a german keyboard. I don´t know......

NO Norwegian,Bokmål (Norway)
->Keyboard
-Mac Norwegian (Bokmal)

Norwegian Keyboard does not map correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.