Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple return policy for new macbook pro

Doesn't apple have some special type of return policy if you recently (within a couple weeks) purchased a new mac product (in this case a macbook pro) and then all of a sudden (like tuesday) apple releases a new version. I know they have the regular return policy with the 10% restocking fee... but paying $200 bucks seems a bit steep for missing the new release by a week. I thought i had read once that they had some type of special exchange program if you purchased a product and they upgraded that product within a couple weeks.

Is that true or did i misread something...

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Feb 28, 2008 9:06 AM

4 replies

Feb 28, 2008 9:18 AM in response to Longhorn20

I don't think an Apple Store will do anything for you after two weeks. I would suggest calling Apple Customer Relations, talk it over with them, and see what they will do for you.

Apple Computer Customer Relations: 512.674.2500

FWIW...I bought a Power Mac B&W G3 once and two weeks later the Power MacG4s came out. That's the breaks with fast-paced technology. User uploaded file

-Bmer
Mac Owners Support Group - Join us @ MacOSG.com
Mac611 Mobile Mac Support - about.Mac611.com
iTunes:MacOSG Podcast | YouTube.MacOSG.com
 An Apple User Group  User uploaded file

Have an iPhone or iPod touch? Enter Mac611.com in Safari on it for 'mobile Mac support.'

Feb 28, 2008 10:40 AM in response to Longhorn20

while you may not get anything special done for you if it was me i would return that sucker asap and drop the extra 200 to restock to get the new machine... but thats me and i will happily blow all my cash on tech stuff but get ****** when i spend 40 bucks to get groceries... if only i didnt have to eat, all the new toys i could afford...

-matt

Apple return policy for new macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.