Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add photos to my iphone using windows XP?

I'm trying to figure out how to add pictures from my XP to my new iphone without using the email?

na, Windows XP, none

Posted on Feb 28, 2008 3:34 PM

10 replies

Feb 28, 2008 3:38 PM in response to jennyher

1. Create a folder in My Documents to hold them. I call mine "My iPod Photos".

2. Create a subfolder in this folder for each album you would like to see on the iPhone.

3. Copy the photos you would like on the iPhone to the appropriate subfolder. I also resize them to 640x480 (optional).

4. Put the iPhone in the dock. When it appears in iTunes click on the iPhone entry on the left, then on the Photo tab on the right. Check the Sync Photos box, the browse to the top level folder (My Ipod Photos).

5. Click the Sync button.

From now on any photos or folder you add or delete will be copied to the iPhone.

Mar 10, 2008 6:14 AM in response to flhtcu

I don't quite understand what you mean by "the picture folder does not show under the iphone folder" -- do you mean on iTunes or on the phone?

Within each subfolder the pictures on the iPhone are sorted by image file name. So to force a specific order rename them so they sort correctly. You could do this by simply adding numbers to the beginning of the file name; e.g.,

0001-DSCN0234.jpg
0002-DSCN4519.jpg

Mar 10, 2008 7:08 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

You also need to specify in your settings which folders you want to sync in your sync settings specific to the device you want to sync. You'll have to have it connected to your PC and then look in Edit -> Preferences in iTunes. If I recall I had to specify the folders I wanted to sync and if I wanted it to sync all sub-folders. you can also specify the location of the folders. You do not have to use My Documents if you don't want to.

Mar 17, 2008 3:40 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:
Just delete them from the folder you are syncing from and they will be removed from the phone.

For this exact reason I find it easier to keep a folder specifically for syncing to the phone with COPIES of the photos I want, so I can delete from that folder if needed without worrying about accidently deleting an original.

-SB

How can I add photos to my iphone using windows XP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.