Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone vs Nokia 616 car kit

Dear Apple!

I just can't make work my iPhone and a Nokia 616 car kit.

I searching the net for two weeks now, I've eagerly waited for 1.1.4 because of the Bluetooth bugfixes, but it didn't help either.

Nokia 616 is a professional and not too cheap Bluetooth handsfree car kit (price is about 4-500 USD), and it works with all Bluetooth-compatible phone - except of course iPhone. What can be wrong?

I tried with different firmwares (1.1.3 and now 1.1.4), tried to reset both devices many times.

Nokia 616 just can't find iPhone, like it wasn't visible.

iPhone detects the car kit and can be paired too, but after the pairing Nokia just sits, and waiting for a device to connect.

Really can't understand: much cheaper and simpler phones work perfectly, but not iPhone.

Please somebody help to find out what can be wrong. Is there maybe a list about incompatible Bluetooth devices?

Thanks in Advance

Endre

Posted on Feb 29, 2008 11:20 AM

14 replies

Jun 3, 2008 2:12 AM in response to AntonyR

Right, let's stop complaining - and ask openly: which car kit works with iPhone? (amazing - I just realize that it'd be much easier to replace the phone than the car kit, still I do not consider it a realistic solution). If only Apple start making the car kits - how would it look like? Any ideas?

mi

Jun 3, 2008 4:10 PM in response to mac-i

I have it in the 8 seater taxi works great, sync phonebook, caller id does a lot of things.

Bluetooth Features

* Caller identity
* Network level
* Battery level
* Network provider
* Automatic phonebook synchronization supported with this model:
o Phone contacts synchronized, with all numbers and pictures
o SIM contacts synchronized

o Phone contacts synchronized, with all numbers and pictures well pictures not on that mode, probly on Parrot 3200 LS-COLOR model 🙂

Caller comes through the mutli media device i have in the cab.ie sort of the car radio, mutes the audio on the radio as well.

It has voice commands thou i have not try that function out yet , as you can imagine phone home and you get a customer gets in and says take be home 🙂

Message was edited by: leecab

iPhone vs Nokia 616 car kit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.