Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to stop photos from moving in iMovie?

Whenever I import a photo into my iMovie it does that really annoying this where it sort of "slideshows" and gradually zooms in. Is there a way to turn this off? I'd really just like to have an image sit still for five seconds. Thanks

mac pro, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Feb 29, 2008 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 29, 2008 10:20 PM

Yes. Click on the crop tool and instead of Ken Burns Effect, select Fit or Crop.

You may need to go into iMovie Preferences and turn on Advanced Editing Tools before you see the crop tool. I can't remember if it is a default tool or an advanced tool. It will be on the toolbar in the middle of the screen between the Project pane and the Event pane.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 29, 2008 10:20 PM in response to xfourninetwox

Yes. Click on the crop tool and instead of Ken Burns Effect, select Fit or Crop.

You may need to go into iMovie Preferences and turn on Advanced Editing Tools before you see the crop tool. I can't remember if it is a default tool or an advanced tool. It will be on the toolbar in the middle of the screen between the Project pane and the Event pane.

Is there a way to stop photos from moving in iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.