Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bento?

Does anyone know much about the Bento Software?
I work in law, and I am a privatate investigator.
I am looking for software to manage my tasks contacts and many other things.
Would this be good software for me?
Thanks
Troy

mac book pro, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Mar 1, 2008 5:51 AM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2008 6:57 AM in response to troy1g

Does anyone know much about the Bento Software?

Bento is a relatively new product, sort of a simplified version of the venerable FileMaker Pro. Bento and FMP are programs (as are every other database application). Buying the program is not enough for what you need. You will have to create your own database using the program of your choice. Or you could look for (i.e. buy) a "solution", created by someone else, that meets your needs. A 'solution' is essentially an empty database into which you will add your own data.

There are two main options. 1. Download trial versions of the db software and explore them to figure out if creating your own solution is something you want to tackle. 2. Look for an existing solution that will do the job for you. (A Google search using words like contact management, database and macintosh should get you some results.)

I guess there is a third option, viz. to pay someone to create the db for you. But be warned, this is not inexpensive. Database developers do not work for peanuts.

p.s. I should have mentioned that it is possible to create (or have someone create for you) a FMP solution that is stand-alone. Called a "run-time", such a solution has the advantage that you do not need a copy of FMP to run it.

Bento?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.