Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow !!!

Hi,

I just have experienced a second time extremely slow response of my Laptop for no obvious reasons.

Was working on my laptop: MacBook Pro 2Gb RAM, 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - then put it into a sleep mode for about 5 mins, turned back and after 20-25 minutes of surfing internet upon opening some web-page my laptop slowed down in seconds and I could not do anything for about 10 to 15 minutes. Even trying to shutdown computer didn't work since clicking on menu didn't show it.

Thanks to my patience after mentioned time range everything went back to a normal way. Tried to look at Activity Monitor and recent processed that could use mem, proc. and didn't find any reason for this behavior.

Anyone else has ever experience such SLOWING DOWN?

mbp, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Mar 2, 2008 6:22 PM

1 reply

May 22, 2008 2:05 PM in response to samvel

Yes. Last week it was working as usual. This week it's as slow as a week in jail. All apps are slower to load, iTunes has had to be forced to quit four or five times due to lack of response. Umpteen other apps have also ground to a halt. iTunes also returned an error - '... is synced with another...' when I connected my 160GB Classic, which it obviously wasn't, resulting in me having to re-path half my movie collection and then resync the iPod to get it to respond. I purchased iPodRip and another recovery tool and neither worked at all. My PocketMac and PocketSync have also stopped performing properly, as they are truncating the data. All is not well I fear.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks.

S Lines

Slow !!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.