Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New user - Have a couple of questions

Greetings all. I just recently purchased Logic studio. I have been really enjoying learning the product, but there are a couple of items I cannot seem to find the answer to in the manual.

First one: The machine that I installed Logic on already had Final Cut Studio 2 on it. This includes Soundtrack Pro 2.0.

When I did the installation I told the installer not to install Soundtrack. However, when the installer installed all of the loops and media, it created what appears to be duplicates in the soundtrack media. So when I look at my loops, I see double instances of a lot of the loop names. Is there an easy way to fix this?

Second one: I know I can size tracks in the arranger using control-up/down arrows. Is there a way to just size a single track?

And Finally, my machine is a 2.8Ghz Intel 8 core Mac Pro. 6GB of RAM. Lots of disk. I was wondering if anyone could suggest Logic preference settings that best fit my hardware. I noticed when I played back one of the demo projects that came with Logic that I got a couple of midi time out messages. I would hope that my hardware would be able to handle most anything that I could throw at it

Thank you all most kindly in advance!

Powerbook G4 / Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Mar 4, 2008 1:05 PM

3 replies

Mar 4, 2008 1:18 PM in response to yagfxg33k

Second one: I know I can size tracks in the arranger using control-up/down arrows. Is there a way to just size a single track?

Yup. Hold the cursor over the bottom left of the track header, and the cursor will become a small hand with one finger extended. (Not to be confused with the open finger hand you'll see if you hold the cursor over the main part of the track header. That's used to move the track order around.) Grab that part of the bottom left of the track header and you can size a single track.

You can also hit the 'Z' key, or go to the View menu in the arrange page and select Auto Track Zoom, and whichever track you select will zoom out to whatever size you've sized it. Very handy!

Hope this helps.

New user - Have a couple of questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.