Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto and snapfish

I am trying to upload photos from my iphoto library to snapfish.com and when I click "upload now" to choose photos, everything on my computer BUT iphoto library comes up-in my pictures folder, the only thing in there is photobooth--I cannot figure out how to transfer iphoto library albums to snapfish.

Posted on Mar 5, 2008 10:18 AM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2008 11:08 AM in response to krondalou

krondalou

Welcome to the iPhoto user forum

The basic answer is to export the photos and upload form the exported folder then delete the photos

If you are running Leopard (OS 10.5.2) when the choose photo window comes up look toward the bottom under media and all of your photos are there

If Snapfish provides an iPhoto '08 upload plugin download and install it

For a complete discussion see Terence Devlin's post in this thread - http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1371662&tstart=15 or look at the FAQ I am starting at http://web.mac.com/larryhn/iPhoto08(version 7.x.x)FAQ/Welcome.html

LN

Message was edited by: LarryHN

Apr 1, 2008 7:52 PM in response to krondalou

It has been thought that the iMAC Leopard OS is too far advanced to use the online program SNAPFISH and upload photo images with ease, unlike the PC. NOT!

Here, then, is the Plan Of Action.. Once your photos have been uploaded to iPhoto and placed into Albums, then you can make adjustments: ie Crop, Enhance, Retouch, Straighten and otherwise fiddle with things, and then LATER order Snapfish prints later via your iMAC.

Keep the Originals on the camera’s memory chip for a few days if necessary. For sure make an Archive on a CD.

Rename, retouch, enhance those photos if necessary, HOWEVER DO NOT CROP!

When you are totally satisfied, then copy the acceptable photos over into a NEW Photos Snapfish Folder on the iMac desktop. Simply Right-Click on the iMac desktop, create a folder, and name it.. Like: *Photos for Snapfish..* Something clever.. 🙂

Then, Whilst in your iMac computer, launch Snapfish via SAFARI, and upload those photos you want FROM that nifty folder on your desktop.

Do not even think of going to Windows for iMac and then to the Internet and then Snapfish.

Whilst in Snapfish, make sure you FIX and ENHANCE (crop) those uploaded photos. Then and only then, do you crop. Unfortunately, Snapfish is a limited program and cropping is just not that sophisticated.

Then, back to the iMac for final cropping of the original photos, (etc) You still have the Originals.

Hope this works for you, it does for me. Lapaka

iphoto and snapfish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.