Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sending iMovies through GMAIL?

I am trying to send a very short movie I made with iMovie through Gmail, however it won't let me even select the movie in the attachment files. I guess it is in the wrong format or is there an issue with this?

Imac, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Mar 5, 2008 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2008 5:46 PM

I can only guess you are trying to attach the actual iMovie project file with the star on it, which will not work. If you export the movie from iMovie as a self contained Quicktime movie it will attach to any email providing the file size is not huge. I'm not sure about the Gmail attachment limits, but Yahoo and Hotmail have a 10mb limit for attachments, which breaks down to about two minutes of video exported from iMovie at CDROM quality.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2008 5:46 PM in response to cryottn

I can only guess you are trying to attach the actual iMovie project file with the star on it, which will not work. If you export the movie from iMovie as a self contained Quicktime movie it will attach to any email providing the file size is not huge. I'm not sure about the Gmail attachment limits, but Yahoo and Hotmail have a 10mb limit for attachments, which breaks down to about two minutes of video exported from iMovie at CDROM quality.

Mar 6, 2008 5:22 AM in response to cryottn

Although most ISP's place limits on attachment file sizes you're not required to use them to send larger files.
Apple's iChat application can also "transfer" files (no file size limit) or your could make simple Web pages to display your movies. iMovie, iWeb and iPhoto can create the needed page code and, if you have a .Mac account, your iDisk becomes the server.

sending iMovies through GMAIL?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.