1996 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2008 10:24 PM by ozjones
I have had this same problem multiple times now. With the last firmware version and this newest version as well. I'll plug my phone in to sync it with itunes and it will show up in itunes with a huge orange space showing all the storage space taken up (with what used to be my music and videos). It seems that somehow syncing the phone made it so that both itunes and the iphone can't see any of the media already on the phone. Even with the iphone disconnected it now says I have no music or movies yet it has no free space in it's memory. The two times it happened I had to do a complete Restore of the phone. But it's happened again and I'm tired of having to do the lengthy restore and recopy of all the media.
I have the latest version will all updates of both OS X and iTunes, as well as the latest firmware version for iPhone.
This is happening to quite a few people and Apple support claims not having many complaints, probably because people is not bothering calling them, but I suspect there is some bug in 1.1.4. In any case this is how I solved it.
1) all music gone - huge OTHER file after upgrade to 1.1.4 using a Vista machine
2) click on RESTORE
3) error 1602, restore could not be completed
4) click on RESTORE again
5) since I have daily backups, then I selected NOT to backup iPhone first as I was afraid it will get corrupted data because the iPhone was not in optimal state
6) iPhone up and running but empty after restore
7) click on SYNC - iPhone back to normal as per my latest backup of 24 hrs ago, of course calendar and contacts updated.