Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Images disappearing in 2.01

Since 2.01, I have had numerous problems. One problem is that the cropping ratio is not working intermittently and now images are disappearing. If I set it to crop a 19 x 13 ratio, it will only crop something like a 1 x 4 ratio. An "X" shows up in the lower left corner of the image and I can't see a way to remove it..

If remove all adjustments, the image reverts to the original, but still has the "X". If I quit out of Aperture, the image is not there when I open it back up. The vaults are not showing that any images have been deleted or imported, so I am not sure where the image is going.

Yesterday, I deleted the .plist, rebuilt the library database, re-installed the ProKit update, etc. My images are all in a managed library. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

15" MBP, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Mar 7, 2008 7:06 AM

1 reply

Mar 8, 2008 8:22 PM in response to Aperture Anne

For the second time, since I downloaded Aperture 2.0 update trial, photos that I have made adjustments to, have disappeared. I can't find them anywhere on my hard drive. It happened after I moved photos from one album to another.

I'm a fine art photographer and make many adjustments to my photos. I work intuitively, so I can't go back and replicate the process. Nothing like this ever happened to me, in the previous version.

I need to know how to remove the photos that I've shot and loaded on to Aperture 2.0 without losing them and what I can do, if anything to recover my lost artwork. How do I disable 2.0 so that I revert to 1.5 again?

Images disappearing in 2.01

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.