Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two Separate Sites

Hello - I have a great personal website set up. All my friends and family are very impressed!

Now I want to set up a second website for a research project I am directing.

I'm fine with having a separate docmac account to do this.

Correct me if I'm on the wrong track here: I register a new domain name. Then, in iWeb I click on "Create a New Site." Then it looks like I click the triangle next to my personal site to close it up and start working on the new one. When the new one is finished I will want to publish it to the new domain name.

How do I set up a second personal domain on iWeb?

Then once that's done can I assume that what will get published - when I click "publish" - is what is showing on the left hand side menu - and I can publish my two websites by simply having the one I want to publish showing in the left hand pane? Somehow that seems too easy.

Thanks, Everyone!

ibook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.7), I have ilife '08 installed

Posted on Mar 7, 2008 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2008 9:07 AM

If you do it that way it will want to publish both at the same time to the .mac account that is set up in the user account.
If your going to use a second .mac account I believe the best approach would be to set up a second account on your computer using the second .mac info. That way Iweb will not see both sites at once.

That way you could keep them separate and simply switch user accounts to work on one or the other.
Also if you use a domain name the second account would allow the use of "cname"
Make sense?
If your not concerned about how the site name is displayed when it's accessed you really don't need a second account though.

Message was edited by: Chuck Usher
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2008 9:07 AM in response to Dr. Sharmer

If you do it that way it will want to publish both at the same time to the .mac account that is set up in the user account.
If your going to use a second .mac account I believe the best approach would be to set up a second account on your computer using the second .mac info. That way Iweb will not see both sites at once.

That way you could keep them separate and simply switch user accounts to work on one or the other.
Also if you use a domain name the second account would allow the use of "cname"
Make sense?
If your not concerned about how the site name is displayed when it's accessed you really don't need a second account though.

Message was edited by: Chuck Usher

Two Separate Sites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.