Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Resolution of Screenshot

Is there a way to change the resolution when taking a screenshot?

Snapz Pro X can accomplish this but I must have used the utility not too long ago and it will only run in demo/watermark mode now.

All the other utilities I have found, the maximum output setting is not enough.

I am wondering if it is possible to do this through the Terminal since you can tell it what format to save the screenshot at.

PowerMac G5/Dual 2.0 GHz

Posted on Mar 7, 2008 11:24 AM

3 replies

Mar 7, 2008 11:51 AM in response to Carlton Chin

Isn't the maximum resolution limited by the resolution you've set your display at? In theory, there's nothing to be gained by taking a higher resolution photo of a lower resolution image - you can't create additional information when it doesn't already exist.

Or, do you wish to take a lower resolution image than the default value?

Yang

Mar 10, 2008 6:29 AM in response to tilt777

Regardless of the resolution you capture an image as, you can't change the number of pixels you're going to get on a capture. If the screen resolution is 1600x1200, that's exactly what you're going to get. 1600 pixels wide by 1200 pixels tall. The only advantage to something like SnapZ Pro is that it sets the resolution of the file it saves to whatever res you want as it saves the file. Like 300 ppi for typical print resolution so you don't have to perform another step to get it there. But the file is still only going to be 1600x1200.

Change Resolution of Screenshot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.