Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I sync my iTunes Library?

I have iTunes on 2 macs and 1 PC accessing the same music folder on Time Capsule. But if I change the title of a song on one computer, it doesn't change automatically on the other one. Is there a way to synch the library and the Album Artwork?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Mar 10, 2008 3:26 PM

4 replies

Mar 10, 2008 6:50 PM in response to vschafer

I'd like to know the answer to this too. We have three laptops in the family, and 3 ipods. We all want to access one family-sized itunes library. We also have an airport express hooked up to the stereo, one room away from the office where the TC is. Best case scenario is that the TC acts as a media server for the whole family, with each of us able to access iPhoto and iTunes from our respective laptops, and play our tunes through the express from whichever laptop we happen to be using. I've just started messing about with it.. it never even occurred to me that it might not be possible, or I would never have bought the thing.

Mar 10, 2008 9:16 PM in response to Elsie Lumas

I also wanted the TC to serve as a "media server" so that the Air doesn't have to dedicate so much of its limited GB of storage to videos and music. How can I have the TC serve as the harddrive storage of all music and videos, accessible by my old 12" MacBook (with a broken DVD drive) and my new MacBook Air so that I can upload new songs from my Air to be synched onto my iPods but not reside on the Air's hard drive?

Can I sync my iTunes Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.