Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

website kills internet connection

probably anyone who reads this will think the same thing that i do: this is not possible. but it is, so, here it is.

I have an account at Bank of America. I can login to their website using my login and I can see my balance. When I click to view details, however, it begins to go to a page, but it never gets there, and (the reason i'm writing this here) it kills my internet connection. Not just my connection on my computer...the connection for the whole house. Every single time I attempt to check my account details, everyone in the house loses their internet connection. the only solution to this is to turn off/on the dsl modem and netgear wifi router. yes, i know, this is bizarre. the bank of america people had never heard it before either. it happens in safari, and firefox. it doesn't kill my wifi signal....just the internet signal running thru it. clearing the bank's cookies and all the cache doesn't help either. restarting safari doesnt' help. where does the problem lie? browser? leopard? modem? website? it worked a week ago and i'm not aware of any changes since then.

MacBook Pro 2.2GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Mar 10, 2008 4:00 PM

13 replies

Mar 11, 2008 2:54 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

I don't think I know enough about data is sent/received and how routers work to actually have an informed opinion of this. if there's nothing qualitatively different about that data...then i'd agree the router was flawed. but i BOA's site is the only site on the internet that would have that effect, one may be justified in claiming it was caused by BOA, even though it may technically still be a router flaw. I guess. 🙂 I'm just glad its fixed.

website kills internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.