Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stop apple hot news RSS ?

does anyone know how to stop an rss feed from going to mailbox - in particular, apple hot news?

i Mac, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Mar 11, 2008 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2008 7:19 PM

Use the following steps to remove the RSS feed
1. Open mailbox and go to the feed and highlight the feed.
2. Go to mailbox tab on the top toolbar.
3. Navigate to delete feed.
4. Left click on the delete feed section.
5. Warning box will pop up and ask you if you want to do this.
6. Click yes and the feed and all of it contents will be deleted.

I hope this is what you were looking for.
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2008 7:19 PM in response to carvermon

Use the following steps to remove the RSS feed
1. Open mailbox and go to the feed and highlight the feed.
2. Go to mailbox tab on the top toolbar.
3. Navigate to delete feed.
4. Left click on the delete feed section.
5. Warning box will pop up and ask you if you want to do this.
6. Click yes and the feed and all of it contents will be deleted.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Apr 14, 2008 3:42 PM in response to tomnsalter

tomnsalter wrote:
I attempted this method, but I couldn't find "delete feed." By "highlight feed" do you mean the unwanted Apple email msg. or something else?

Click once on the "Apple Hot News" RSS feed name that is listed under your Inbox to highlight the feed name. You may need to click on the disclosure triangle next to "Inbox" to see the feed name inside it.

Then Control-click (or right-click) on "Apple Hot News" and you should see a contextual menu with several options, including "Delete Feed" (selected in the screenshot below) and "Show in Inbox" (circled in red in my screenshot):

User uploaded file

You can delete the feed entirely from Mail by clicking the "Delete Feed" option, or you can have the feed not show up in your inbox by unchecking the "Show in Inbox" option in the menu.

You can also get the "Delete Feed" option by clicking once on "Apple Hot News" to highlight it and then clicking on the Mailbox menu in the menubar at the top of the screen:

User uploaded file

stop apple hot news RSS ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.