Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Star Wars Intro Effect

I would like to create a scrolling letter intro that is seen on Star Wars.
Is there a way to do this?
I got Live Type less than a week ago and am still trying to figure things out.
Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Mar 11, 2008 2:23 PM

15 replies

Mar 14, 2008 6:43 PM in response to Pinocchio202

Here's how:

What you need to do is create two tracks with Live Type first. One of a just stars background, and one of the blue text. Just make it scroll from bottom to top (just like in movie credits). Put these two in the timeline of FCE, one on top of the other. Double click the text track. Go into the motions tab. Make the appropriate keyframes and set the scale to 98.23. (this is a approximate number, just fiddle around to get it just to your liking.) Set Aspect ratio to -47. That is the main part, I used slight cropping and an offset center point to get it just right.
Have fun!!

C h r i s t o p h

P.S. Use the Star Wars theme song for an added effect. 😉

Mar 18, 2008 6:22 AM in response to Pinocchio202

OK that's fine with me, but I strongly recommend downloading the Star Wars Title generator. It is really fantastic, and if you have QuickTime Pro, really easy to make it into .mov format. You can even alter the Fox and Lucasfilm titles so you can put your name instead. I don't mean to advertise, so please excuse me if I sound like a radio commercial 🙂.
User uploaded file

C h r i s t o p h

Mar 25, 2008 9:40 AM in response to meljturner

I contacted the author of the software and he has now posted a new version of the program on the same link as the previous. It now works great for me. As a side note I did a HD output and it created a series of 4000 sequential .bmp files. I used Quicktime Pro to import these as video, and output it as a quicktime. Worked flawlessly.

Star Wars Intro Effect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.