Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nullriver Medialink and PS3

HELP PLS, loaded medialink on my imac to stream content to my ps3, the issue is that it continues to lose the connection betwen the ps3 and my mac which is hardwired into my wireless router. I have opened all the ports on the router that SOny said to and it is still hit or miss. If i stop medialink and restart it i can usually see content streamed but then a few minutes later if i try looking at other content i get an dlna error 2006. Nullriver wont get back to me and im at my wits end....clearly the sw works but keeps losing the connection somehow........

imac 17inch, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Mar 12, 2008 10:45 PM

10 replies

Mar 13, 2008 2:06 PM in response to sig

Sony simply gives me the ports that need be opened etc on the router which they are. I am able to get on the net, the sony store etc on the ps3 no problem, play games online just perfect. It is only when trying to stream content from my mac using medialink that the connection to the media keeps getting lost. If i reset the medialink sw it will be ok again for a bit but if i am listening to music for instance and then hop into pics, vis etc it will lose it again.

Mar 17, 2008 8:15 AM in response to Eric Feuerstein

The Trial Version of the Medialink software only works for 30 minutes at a time. You can restart it as many times as you want but it will expire after 30 minutes which may be why you are having this problem. Did you buy the activation code and properly activate the software?

Also, what ports do I need to open on my router for the PS3 and Mac to communicate? I can't even get them to see eachother on my PS3.

Nullriver Medialink and PS3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.