Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different tempo and time signatures within a song.

Hi there everyone.
I have GB 3 and really want to be able create a song with two different tempos and time signatures. I have read that its tricky but can be done,so i went ahead and tracked all the 5/4 150 bpm stuff on one window and then created a new song with the other 4/4 in 130 stuff on it. But when I went to open up a window for a new song I have no choice but have to pick a tempo!! I was hoping I can open a window and click and drag both 4/4 and 5/4 stuff on it. Any one have any idea if this can be done and if so how??
If all else fails, does GB 08 have this feature or am I at the mercy of recording a song all in one tempo as long as I have GB?
Or what program can I use to do this without it costing me my arm?
Thanx!

Powerbook g4, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Mar 13, 2008 9:24 PM

2 replies

Mar 15, 2008 9:59 AM in response to Pamellahell

Your post forced me to research this further as I had the same question and procrastinated. Go to "Track" and show "Master Track" (keyboard shortcut Apple-B). This will bring up an additional track that lets you customize volume, pitch, and tempo throughout the entire song.

See the iLife Tutorial here for a demo: http://www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials/

Go to GarageBand -> Working with key & tempo

Different tempo and time signatures within a song.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.