Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Artbox = Final Cut Server?

Seeing "Artbox" for the first time on the Pro Video Apps fora (though perhaps I just have poor peripheral vision) I looked it up-- it was an asset management system Apple acquired 2 years ago, and apparently turned into Final Cut Server. So why is it here? Is this odd mistake an augury of FC Server's release?

2.4GHz iMac C2D, Mac OS X (10.5.2), FCS 2.0.2, 3GB RAM, 320GB OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro

Posted on Mar 14, 2008 6:17 AM

10 replies

Mar 28, 2008 4:55 PM in response to Bryan Peel

Artbox was created by a small Australian company called Proximity. A large number of TV stations throughout the world currently rely on Artbox to communicate between TV writers, artists and all of their now very automated equipment. Perhaps the purchase and possible demise of Artbox was meant to undercut Apple's competitor Avid, as without Artbox, the Avid Deko systems become fairly useless. Avid also creates a line of editing software that competes with FCP.

Avid now has to focus on developing an asset management tool, at a time when many TV stations have to think about upgrading their equipment to go High Def as mandated by the FCC (Feb. 09)

These are just my thoughts as a person who works in the broadcast industry.

Oct 18, 2008 2:31 PM in response to Zak Ray

Zak Ray wrote:
Seeing "Artbox" for the first time on the Pro Video Apps fora (though perhaps I just have poor peripheral vision) I looked it up-- it was an asset management system Apple acquired 2 years ago, and apparently turned into Final Cut Server. So why is it here? Is this odd mistake an augury of FC Server's release?

Yes strange ....

-----------------------------------------

John sebastien; webmaster du site sur la santé et la médecine;.

Message was edited by: john_sebastien

Artbox = Final Cut Server?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.