Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto is grayed out when i try and upload photos to the web

hey everyone, thanks for your help first off. i've been trying to upload photos to a few different websites but my iPhoto icon is grayed out. i have no problem with photobooth just iPhoto. i've recently upgraded to the iLife '08 so i'm thinking that might be part of the issue. i really don't what else to do. can anyone help?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Mar 14, 2008 11:09 AM

1 reply

Mar 14, 2008 1:13 PM in response to bkize

bkize:

Welcome to the Apple Discussions. The problem you're having is due to the fact that the iPhoto library is not a UNIX style package. You need to access photos for use outside of iPhoto from within iPhoto as TD's treatise on file access describes. Or you can use iMedia Browser to locate and copy photos to the desktop or into other applications.

User uploaded file

TIP: For insurance against the iPhoto database corruption that many users have experienced I recommend making a backup copy of the Library6.iPhoto database file and keep it current. If problems crop up where iPhoto suddenly can't see any photos or thinks there are no photos in the library, replacing the working Library6.iPhoto file with the backup will often get the library back. By keeping it current I mean backup after each import and/or any serious editing or work on books, slideshows, calendars, cards, etc. That insures that if a problem pops up and you do need to replace the database file, you'll retain all those efforts. It doesn't take long to make the backup and it's good insurance.
I've created an Automator workflow application (requires Tiger), iPhoto dB File Backup, that will copy the selected Library6.iPhoto file from your iPhoto Library folder to the Pictures folder, replacing any previous version of it. It's compatible with iPhoto 08 libraries and Leopard. iPhoto does not have to be closed to run the application, just idle. You can download it at Toad's Cellar. Be sure to read the Read Me pdf file.

iPhoto is grayed out when i try and upload photos to the web

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.