Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Proper DVD's to use when burning DVD's?

Hello,

I am new to WaveBurner 1.5.1. I just realized that MAXELL 1x and 2X cannot be used to burn the DVD in WaveBurner, since it only accepts 8X and 16X write speed. I found out thru apple that they have to be 8X or 16X write speed is the only DVD's. In my iMac I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K06A DVD burner.
When I ordered from MacWarehouse, there were no DVD +R at 8X, but only 16X. Does anyone have any information about this? My processor speed is 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. What has been your experience with DVD's that can be used(manufacturers) compatible with WaveBurner 8X /16X and can record Redbook format?

Thank you,

Clefort

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.2), Core duo

Posted on Mar 21, 2008 7:44 AM

1 reply

Mar 21, 2008 10:27 PM in response to clefort

clefort wrote:
Hello,

I am new to WaveBurner 1.5.1. I just realized that MAXELL 1x and 2X cannot be used to burn the DVD in WaveBurner, since it only accepts 8X and 16X write speed. I found out thru apple that they have to be 8X or 16X write speed is the only DVD's. In my iMac I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K06A DVD burner.
When I ordered from MacWarehouse, there were no DVD +R at 8X, but only 16X. Does anyone have any information about this? My processor speed is 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. What has been your experience with DVD's that can be used(manufacturers) compatible with WaveBurner 8X /16X and can record Redbook format?

Thank you,

Clefort

Hi,

Sorry to "burst your bubble" but Waveburner Only burns Audio CDs.

No DVDs are burnable, in Waveburner.

Cheers

Proper DVD's to use when burning DVD's?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.