Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot manually set an address

I go into my wireless card on me macbook and set the address to manual at about half way through putting in all the information, the screen flashes and it goes back to dhcp and and the 169.* address. I have tried this several times and had to come up and post this before I through this 2000 dollar itune movie machine out the window. Any ideas? Thanks

Macbook 13.3 White. 2.16 Ghz and 2 gigs ram, Mac OS X (10.5), Sony vaio 10.5, HP NC6320, PC bada** desktop for home

Posted on Mar 21, 2008 5:19 PM

5 replies

Mar 21, 2008 10:00 PM in response to thormcse

did you click on okay and apply after changing it? and if u want to configure it manually u need to key in correct and valid DNS number, that's according to your broadband provider. and if u get all of your Router subnet mask and IPv4 address correct hit the ok and apply button. that should work (at least for me)

May 27, 2008 4:35 AM in response to Tsdale

I forgot to answer this. I was trying to set it manually because it wouldn't get one through dhcp. The problem was my Airport base station. It's junk. I am back to my Cisco access point and all is working great. The Airport kept going back to router mode. Ihad it in bridge mode because I already have a firewall. This happened several times so I removed it from the network and it is sitting on my mantle. Not very useful but **** if it aint pretty sittin up there.

cannot manually set an address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.